Protein-packed and oil-free BLACK BEAN & CORN JICAMA TACOS w/ homemade Chipotle Sauce on this episode of #SATURDAYSNACKDOWN with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)’s Sexiest Vegan over 50, Erin Riley-Carrasco,co-founder of ALMA Rescue, located in San Diego, CA. These are super tasty, crispy, and refreshing wraps. You have to try them! They are delicious!
Love, Love, LOVE these! Protein-packed Black Bean & Corn Jicama Tacos with homemade Chipotle Sauce. These Jicama Wraps, found at Trader Joe’s are crunchy and really tasty (consistency is a cross between a potato, an apple and a water chestnut.) Gluten-Free, Zero Fat, Zero Cholesterol and Zero Oil. A regular corn tortilla contains 60 calories, is laden with oil after frying, and essentially not good for your heart. The black bean and corn mixture is spiced with cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and tomato sauce. Topped with fresh salsa, avocado, cilantro, chipotle sauce, fresh lime, and salt + pepper to taste. These are SO refreshing to eat, a great substitute to a high carb regular tortilla, and the perfect treat for the summer months. You can use Follow Your Heart vegan sour cream too! Very filling, SO tasty and oh SO healthy! Enjoy!
Black Bean & Corn Jicama Tacos with homemade Chipotle Sauce
- 1 package of Trader Joe's Jicama Wraps or buy two large jicamas from the store and cut them into thin slices.
- 2 cups black beans
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chipotle Sauce:
- JUST Mayo vegan mayonnaise or Veganaise
- Pour the tomato sauce and spices into pan and mix thoroughly for a couple of minutes. Add the black beans (*mash or put your beans into a NutriBullet mixer so they look and
- taste like traditional refried beans) and corn, then cook for about 5-7 minutes or until boiling. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Make your Chipotle Sauce by mixing 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise with several squirts of Sriracha and mix. Add more Sriracha until you get the hotness you desire.
- Spoon the black bean and corn mixture into the Jicama Wraps and top with vegan cheese shreds (I use Violife), fresh cut avocados, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and top it off with Chipotle Sauce.