This is the cheesiest and fluffiest vegan quiche you will ever taste! What is the secret? Just Egg! This vegan “egg” looks like eggs, cooks like eggs, and tastes just like eggs…without all the cruelty and cholesterol! You can use Just Egg not only to make your favorite egg breakfast, but you can also use it as an egg replacer in your other cooking or baking adventures!
#Cheesy VEGAN QUICHE with Eat JUST "Just Eggs" on #LunchBreakLIVE with #TODAY’S featured chef .. .. .. Kim in the Kitch’Kim Delgado, animal activist working with Vegan Outreach, JNN and an organizer for The National Animal Rights Day aka NARD.Follow Your Heart Daiya Foods Ralphs Sprouts Farmers Market are featured along with the Just Eggs.#JaneUnchainedNews #losangeles #love #vegan #veganlifestyle #glutenfree #vegannews #animalrightsactivist #food #veganfortheanimals #veganfood #amazing #animals #vegetarian #like4like #friends #animals #govegan
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Friday, July 10, 2020
Kim Delgado just celebrated her 6-year vegan anniversary on July 14, 2020. She is a lover of all animals and had been vegetarian for 24 years but as she learned about the dairy industry and how many people consider the dairy industry even crueler then the meat industry, she knew it was inevitable. It officially happened when she went to the FARM animal rights conference in 2014 and bought a T-shirt that said “Kale Yeah I’m Vegan” so she decided she must be fully vegan as of that day.
Kim has two daughters – Francesca and Samantha (ages 23 & 21 respectively) who were raised vegetarian from birth. A couple of years ago, living across the country from each other, they each decided to go vegan! Needless to say, Kim was ecstatic and very proud of that.
Kim has been working in the veterinary industry for many years. Currently, she is an administrative assistant with JNN and also works for Vegan Outreach helping feed local community members during these trying times we are all facing with Covid-19. Kim has been an organizer of National Animal Rights Day (aka NARD) for the past 6 years and volunteers for PCRM, Animal Equality, and many other A/R organizations throughout the year.
Originally from Chicago, when she came to LA, she ate her first quiche ever at an old-style coffee shop chain. She enjoyed it, but had no idea how much suffering went into the making of it. Once she realized how easily she could make a delicious vegan quiche, without the cruelty, she makes them often and enjoys showing friends how to easily make them as well.
Now let’s dive into this scrumptious quiche Kim made for us on #LunchBreakLIVE. It is a super easy recipe, which I love, and produces a large quiche for you and your family or friends to enjoy!
Vegetable Vegan Quiche
- 1 pie shell homemade or not, regular or gluten-free
- 1 bottle of plant-based "JUST Eggs" or other egg substitute
- 1/2 onion or 1/2 cup chopped up
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic chopped/minced
- 5 or so mushrooms chopped up
- 3/4 c greens spinach, kale, collards
- 1/2 c zucchini
- Salt, pepper, turmeric, basil, or whatever you prefer
- 1/2 to 3/4 c shredded plant-based cheese
- Decorative veggies such as sliced tomatoes, fresh basil leaves or whatever you choose.
- If the crust is frozen, allow it to defrost.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Sauté all ingredients (except crust, JUST Eggs, cheese & decorative veggies) for a few moments until soft.
- Sprinkle seasoning in and stir.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cheese on bottom of crust.
- Put vegetables on top & spread evenly
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Pour JUST Eggs evenly over all.
- Add decorative veggies.
- Gently put it in middle rack of oven.
- Cook 35 minutes, check to see if crust looks lightly browned and touch middle with a fork to see if it seems a bit firm and either remove or leave for up to 10 more minutes.
- Perhaps wait 5 - 10 minutes to cool, slice and serve!