Once again Tonia Carrier joins us on #LunchBreakLIVE making another super creative and unusual vegan treat for us! This time it is vegan Krab Cheese! What the hell is that? Yeah I am not sure myself but it looks super cheesy so it must be good! Let’s find out…
Tonia always surprises me with her cooking skills and creativity combined with her energetic attitude and joyful presence in the kitchen! But her talents don’t stop in the kitchen. She is an indie filmmaker and hairstylist from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. Tonia is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! She also has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, plus other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Now let’s find out exactly what Krab Cheeze is. I know I am super curious about it…
Looks pretty delicious to me…and oh so cheesy, which is always a plus! I can’t wait to try this recipe myself! This would be a fun recipe to serve as an appetizer at a dinner party or just for a family dinner. Give it a try and let us know how you liked it!
- 1 Can of Hearts of palm
- 1 8 oz container of vegan cream cheese
- 4 T vegan mayo
- 1 sheet of nori or seaweed flakes
- About 1tsp. Old Bay seasoning or other favorite “fishy” seasoning
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1.5 tsp onion flakes or a little finely chopped green onion.
- 1 package of Nasori vegan won ton wrappers
- A little squeeze of lemon juice.
- Cut and break up rinsed hearts of palm in bowl. Add spices. Crinkle up the nori sheet as fine as you can. Add cream cheese and mayo. Stir. Wet all 4 sides of won ton wrapper and place about 1.5tsp. of the mix in the center of won ton wrapper. Fold the wrapper over and pinch the sides until sealed.
- This recipe makes about 30-36!
- Air Fry for about 8-10 minutes at no more than 350.
- Oven bake at 350 for about 18 minutes until golden. Flip half way through cooking.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce! YUMMY!