This is NOT your ordinary salad. Find out how to turn your boring salad into a superfood mega bowl of goodness! The Superfood Goddess joins us again on #LunchBreakLIVE bringing us her famous insane salad filled with all sorts of nutrients and TASTE. Eating a healthy salad does NOT mean you need to sacrifice taste. And The Superfood Goddess is here to prove that!
Stephanie, who goes by The Superfood Goddess, went vegan for health reasons. Thirteen years ago, She went Vegan for her brother, who was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. She searched to find a solution and read that eating Whole Foods, superfoods, ditching meat & dairy, and eating little to no processed sugar, could help one’s mental health. After a Three-month vegan challenge with her brother and mom, she felt better than ever, more energy, more vibrant, and she realized some of her chronic sickness and ailments went away. She even was able to stop taking her depression and anxiety medication after a couple of years being vegan (of course, ALWAYS with a doctor helping her wean off the meds).
Through healing herself, she realized she could help others heal themselves through food and nutrition. From her studies and attending physician conferences where doctors speak on plant-based Healthcare, she realized that one could stop, slow, or reverse heart disease, diabetes, brain fog, cancer, and so much more. She holds 3 certifications in holistic nutrition and integrative health coaching. She’s off to take her masters in Clinical Nutrition this April! She is a yogini and got certified to teach in 2014. She knows her purpose in life is to help others and she is passionate about spreading the vegan message.
Above all, Stephanie remembers how hard it was at first to navigate through what to eat. She doesn’t want the idea of trying a new healthy lifestyle to stop anyone from succeeding, which is why she got certified to coach. You can contact her for a free health consultation on many subjects ranging from weight loss, dis-ease, mental health, and so much more. She presents and teaches cooking classes in small gatherings, at Veg Fests, and festivals. Connect with her, she’s super open, positive, and full of GLOW to share. Stephanie’s Social Media Links:
Now let’s check out this very special salad she showed us how to make in this episode. It is summertime and for me, salads are a big part of my daily food intake in the hotter months. A BIG cool, nutrient-dense, delicious salad is my perfect summertime dinner. What about you?
Insanely Filling Superfood Salad
- 1 Head of Romaine
- 2 Handfuls Spinach chopped once or twice
- 1 Large Carrot sliced or shredded
- 1/2 Cup raw or cooked Beets can be shredded or cubed
- 1/2 Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cucumber Sliced or chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped or sliced
- 8 Kalamata Olives whole or halved, no pits
- 1 Cup Garbanzo beans kidney or black are fine as well
- 6 Artichoke hearts in water or oil.
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Large Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Raw Pumpkin seeds any seed or nut is fine
- 1/3 Cup Saurkraut
- 1/2 Cup Hummus
- Wash and chop Romaine, chop Spinach once or twice, and throw in a bowl.
- Slice or chop the rest of the ingredients and throw carrots, beets, garbanzo beans, Kalamata olives, and artichokes in the bowl.
- Pour the Oil and Vinegar over the salad and toss it evenly coating all ingredients.
- Place even portions of salad on two plates or in your eco-friendly coconut bowl.
- Add the toppings and ENJOY!