Come to West Africa for lunch on the last stop during Vanessa Marsot’s sweet potato world tour, with a spicy chickpea, sweet potato, and kale curry lunch. Best of all, you can virtually take this trip from your own kitchen! She’s making a call for world veganism by visiting different countries virtually using one common ingredient. Vanessa shows us how to make this delectable oil-free curry with all whole food plant-based ingredients, plus you learn how to make your own pilau masala spice mixture.
#JaneUnchained #LIVE #LunchBreakLIVE Come to West Africa for the last stop on Vanessa Marsot of Ellora Wellness's sweet potato world tour, with a spicy chickpea and kale curry for lunch. Best of all, you don't have to move! Vanessa aka The Decadent Health Nut reporting for JaneUnchained.com
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Sunday, June 28, 2020
Spicy West African Kale, Sweet Potato, and Chickpea Curry
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup pre-baked sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup onions coarsely chopped
- Approximately 2 TB Pilau Masala to make, combine in coffee grinder: 1 TB cumin seeds, ½ TB black pepper, ½ TB cardamom, ½ TB cloves, ½ cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder or fresh
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 14- ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes or 3 large tomatoes cooked with hot pepper flakes, black salt, and mesquite flavoring instead for WFPB
- 1 cup packed chopped kale
- 2-3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat large skillet to prevent sticking and saute onions for 2-3 minutes. Add in all dried spices and cook for about 2 more minutes. Add water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add tomatoes, stir, and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add diced, pre-baked sweet potatoes and chickpeas, and remaining water. Mix until well coated with spice mixture.
- Add kale in at the last minute to keep fresh. Just cook long enough to absorb seasoning but not get wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.