This creamy, decadent pudding, whipped up by the dedicated health nut Vanessa Marsot of Ellora Wellness, tastes rich, yet is oil-free. Vanessa made this incredible pudding with a cashew base, with chia seeds to plump it up, thawed frozen blueberries as a natural sweetener, and a touch of vanilla extract to add that dessert panache.
This recipe is so quick and easy. Vanessa made it up one day when she was having a major sweet craving. She wanted something satisfying without any added sugar. Since cashews are naturally sweet, as well as blueberries, a love match was born. Chia seeds add extra density, full of omega-3’s, so every aspect of this pudding is power-packed and delicious. It’s also raw.
Vanessa likes to soak the cashews first for a few hours to remove the phytic acid, which can make them difficult to digest. Soaking also makes the cashews easier to blend. Two hours is enough time. Any longer than 6 hours can make them slimy. Watch the video above and see how she did it! I would definitely recommend trying this recipe at home. It is super easy and so tasty! Let us know how you liked it!
Cashew and Blueberry Chia Pudding
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 2-4 cups of water depending on the thickness you want of pudding
- 2 cups of Chia seeds
- 1 TB Vanilla extract
- Place berries in a large bowl and allow to thaw for an hour.
- Use the water from soaking cashews to water plants. Then rinse the cashews and place in the blender.
- Add water to the blender, as much or as little as you would like depending on thickness desired.
- Blend until there are no more chunks of cashews.
- Pour into the berry bowl, and add chia seeds and vanilla extract. Mix well and then leave for 15 minutes.
- You may serve either immediately or chill for an hour first. Enjoy!