You can’t go wrong with artichoke Dip. It’s creamy and delicious and can be paired with many different food choices. Today’s chef, Paige Parsons Roache shows us how it is done with her magical vegan cooking moves.
Celebrating being vegan for 4.5 years now, Paige has been committed to bringing ECO-VEGANISM to the forefront of every interaction: Environmentally conscious vegan living. After watching the documentary COWSPIRACY, she went vegan on the spot. Her daughter Katelyn, 13 at the time, chose veganism for the animals 6 months earlier. Paige, on the other hand, after being shocked by the amount of water it takes to put a hamburger on a plate and the fact that animal agriculture is the leading cause of deforestation and climate change, chose to go vegan “for the environment.” Soon after, she attended her first pig vigil with LA Animal Save/Save Movement. Once she looked at those baby pigs in the eyes, she knew why her daughter had gone vegan.
Paige became a Contributor for JaneUnChained News after cooking as a guest chef on #LunchBreakLIVE. She met Jane Velez-Mitchell at VegFestLA and then again at Moby’s Circle V Festival. Inspired by Jane’s bold courage, Paige now reports for JNN on all the latest animal rights events, including The Save Movement’s pig/chicken/cow vigils, various PETA protests, VegFests, book launches, Anonymous for the Voiceless’ Cube of Truths and vegan conferences.
Paige is now also the Booker for #LunchBreakLIVE on the JaneUnChained News Network.
Paige cooked for us a few times recently, but I loved her Jackfruit sliders episode. You can find that HERE.
Let’s see how she whipped up her artichoke dip in this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE.
Paige’s Tasty Artichoke Dip
- 3/4 C raw cashews
- 3/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbls freshly squeezed lemon/about 11/2 lemons
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 Tbl Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp spicy mustard
- 2 cans/jars of artichoke hearts drained
- 2 C Spinach
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp Bragg Amino’s
- 1 C of Plantbased shredded cheese
- 1 C of Vegenaise optional
- Place cashews, plant-based milk, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast and mustard into a food processor and process until very smooth. Add artichoke hearts, spinach, salt, and pepper and pulse the food processor on and off until the mixture is combined, yet some chunks of artichoke and spinach remain. Fold in cheese and Vegenaise. Serve cold or warm-up for 10 mins. on 350 degrees. Enjoy this tastiness!