Our very own Jane Velez-Mitchell jumps into the kitchen and gets a little wild with her overnight oats! This is a super easy meal, filled with vibrant colors and nutrient-dense ingredients. This recipe is like a blank canvas for anyone in the kitchen, you can put pretty much whatever you desire into this jar, and make it your own. Let’s see how Jane personalized her overnight oats…
Jane jumps into the kitch and gets wild with overnight oats! This easy, easy, easy meal is nutrient packed, super fast to make and fun! If Jane can do it… anyone can!
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Jane Velez-Mitchell is the Founder of JaneUnChained News Network, a 501 c3 nonprofit organization. JaneUnChained is a digital news network for animal rights and the vegan lifestyle, which has more than 60 volunteer contributors from around the world who showcase vegan festivals, animal rights conferences, protests, vegan restaurants and more.
Jane is an incredible journalist with a passion to spread the ongoing, growing vegan and animal rights news, locally and around the world. But when she is not reporting, she is often experimenting in her kitchen, creating all sorts of unusual and tasty vegan eats. Today she shared with us her imaginative genius in the kitchen. Check it out!
Overnight oats are the perfect recipe for people who have limited time. They are so quick and easy to prepare the night before, leaving your morning stress behind, knowing your healthy breakfast or lunch is ready to eat, waiting for you in the fridge. It can’t get any easier than that! I love overnight oats because I have little patience when it comes to cooking, so this recipe is perfect for me. And the oats are so tasty and never get boring because the flavors and ingredients can be changed on the daily. Plus, if you don’t remember to put this together the night before, you can assemble the ingredients within minutes and let them sit for 10 before eating. It really is one of the best food creations available! Give it a try!
Superfood Instant Oats!
- 1/4 cup Instant Oats
- 3 Tbs Ground Flaxseed
- 3 Tbs Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbs Hemp Seeds
- 1 scoop Vanilla Plant-based Protein Powder I used Orgain
- 2 Tbs PBS powdered Peanut Butter
- Tumeric - a dash
- Pepper - a dash to activate the Tumeric
- Stevia powder - a dash to taste not too much or it will overpower
- 2 Dates - chopped
- a handful of Raisins - you could also use chopped figs
- Frozen Blueberries - or strawberries or both
- Fill the Mason jar to the rim with Plant-based milk soy, cashew, hemp, rice or almond
- Add all ingredients in layers to a Mason jar for the best visual effect and fun enjoyment.
- Let sit for an hour or two. I find that leaving it overnight makes it a tad too mushy but experiment!