A SUMMER SALAD TO IMPRESS
This is one of the most creative and delicious-looking summer salads I have ever seen! I never would have imagined turning a basic fruit salad into this masterpiece with such simple ingredients. Erin Riley-Carrasco, voted PETA‘S Sexiest Vegan Over 50 and Co-founder of ALMA Rescue, does it again in this episode of #SaturdaySnackDown. She is a queen in the kitchen!
YUMMIEST SUBLIME SUMMER FRUIT SALAD w/ MANGO (vegan) YOGURT DRESSING on today’s #SaturdaySnackdown with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)’s Sexiest Vegan over 50 Erin Riley-Carrasco! This will be a HIT at summer parties! Enjoy this delicious recipe on #JANEUNCHAINED #LIVE! 🎉🍎🍊🍑🍓
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Saturday, June 13, 2020
ERIN’S FAVORITE FOR THE CROWDS
Erin Riley-Carrasco’s FAVORITE summer salad contains fresh watermelon, strawberries, blackberries, apples, and peaches. The dressing is what makes this salad live up to its name of “SUBLIME!” Mango vegan yogurt, mixed with vanilla extract, fresh juice of an orange, and powdered sugar mixed in with the fresh fruit makes this salad so incredibly delicious and the slivered almonds add just the right crunch. This is sure to be one of your favorite summer meals with the hot days approaching. It’s the perfect dish to take to a party. Place the salad on a festive platter and add fresh flowers! Everyone will enjoy this dish!
Sublime Summer Fruit Salad
- half of small/med watermelon cut up
- 3 peaches sliced
- 2 red apples sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups organic strawberries cut up
- For Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon organic powdered sugar
- 2 small cartons of mango vegan yogurt Trader Joes
- juice of 1/2 orange
- Put the mango vegan yogurt, vanilla extract, powdered sugar and juice of 1/2 an orange in mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Put all of the cut up fruit into a bowl and mix gently with a large spoon.
- Fold in the mango dressing and mix into fruit.
- Top with toasted almond slivers and serve
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY FOR THIS TASTY SUMMER SALAD!
A good summer salad is the best kind of salad because they generally are filled with all the perfect summer fruits which are my favorite! This salad is so easy to make but it will look like you spent hours preparing the beautiful and colorful dish. Give it a try and let us know how you liked it. If you are looking for other vegan recipes to cook up, stop by the #SaturdaySnackDown page or the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!