I’ll eat anything made with coconut! And this creamy coconut basil rice noodle recipe looks amazing! Total comfort food, but also filled with health and nutrients!
Kimberly Guerin works for National Geographic. She is an animal advocate and activist, world traveler, and a passionate vegan. Certified in Plant-based nutrition; Kim enjoys helping people transition to a healthier and more compassionate lifestyle. She is so good in the kitchen and really has a knack for making healthy but oh so tasty plant-based recipes, so it’s easy for her to help people transition to a vegan lifestyle because the food she shares with them is irresistible! Once people transition and have been fully vegan for 30 days or so, they generally feel so much better…with more stamina, less bloating, and way more energy then they had with their previous eating habits. So if you are not vegan already, give it a try for 30 days and see for yourself!
COCONUT BASIL RICE NOODLES
- 1 package Pad Thai style flat noodles
- 2 small shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small red pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry chili flakes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups Basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- In a large pot, boil water with some salt. Wait to put noodles in, they cook very fast.
- Step 2
- On medium/high heat, add 2TBLS of olive oil, let it warm then add 2 small diced shallots, sauté for 3 minutes until soft, not brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3
- Add 2 diced cloves of garlic to pan once onions are soft.
- Step 4
- Add 1 small red pepper (chopped into small cubes) to pan with onions and garlic. Mix everything together.
- Step 5
- Add 1 can of coconut milk to pan, mix everything together. Add 1/2 tsp dry chili flakes if you like it a little spicy 🌶
- Let everything marinate on med/low heat until noodles are ready.
- Step 6
- Now add rice noodles to boiling water. 5+ minutes. Cook until soft but not mushy.
- Step 7
- When pasta is cooked, drain noodles then add them to the pan. Mix noodles around in coconut sauce, turn on high heat for a minute if noodles need to cook a bit more.
- Step 8
- Add 3 cups of chopped fresh basil leaves to the noodles/sauce mix. Mix together on high so the noodles absorb all the juices from the creamy sauce. Add more salt and pepper for taste if needed.
- Garnish with basil.