Kimberly Guerin joins us in this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE where she shows us how to make her awesome nutrient-rich veggie Lo Mein! Lo Mein is a great go-to vegan meal. It’s super tasty, super diverse, and super delicious. It’s a dish that generally can be served warm for the winter months and cold for the summer months. Add some tofu and a bunch of veggies and WOW! Let’s check out the magic Kimberly created in her kitchen.
Kimberly, who holds a Bachelors of Science in Environmental Biology, is a powerful advocate for animals and the planet. She is a certified Plant-Based nutrition coach who works full-time for National Geographic. Being an amazing warrior for the animals, the planet, and humans, Kimberly dedicates an enormous amount of time bettering life for animals. She is also an awesome contributor to JaneUnchained News Network, so keep an eye out for her!
Vegan Veggie Lo Mein
- 1 8-ounce package whole-grain spaghetti
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 10-ounce package baby spinach
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled tofu non GMO organic tofu
- 2 TBLS Toasted sesame oil
- 2 TSPS fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBLS balsamic vinegar
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water as the package label directs. Just before draining, add the broccoli, edamame, carrots, and spinach. Drain well; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil on medium-high. Add the onion; cook for 5 min.
- Add the ginger, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for 1 minute. Stir in tofu and cook for 1 minute. Add the noodle mixture; cook, tossing for 2 minutes or until heated through.