That Snarky Vegan Girl joins us on #LunchBreakLIVE to share her go-to easy vegan recipe for Taco Tuesday! This is a recipe Snarky makes all the time because it is quick, easy and affordable! Most of the ingredients have a long shelf life. Why is the long shelf life important? Because right now we are faced with the Coronavirus Pandemic and are forced to shelter at home. It is not the time that anyone wants to be going to the grocery store every week for fresh food like vegetables, salad, etc., so Snarky has decided to buy food that lasts longer during this time. Her freezer is filled with frozen spinach, veggies and plant-based meat alternatives plus dressings that will last longer than fresh veggies and other fresh foods.
That Snarky Vegan Girl has been vegan for 9 years and says, “It’s the best decision I’ve made to date.” She went vegan after watching the video Farm To Fridge, and never looked back, as she could no longer support an industry with such cruelty. Going vegan was not difficult for Snarky. In fact, she found it very easy. There are so many amazing vegan options today that choosing vegan is no longer a challenge at all. Since going vegan, she uses social media to promote a compassionate vegan lifestyle by showing what she eats, and how she spends her free time being active and healthy.
Snarky is known for her quick and easy no-brainer recipes. She is not one with the patience to cook complicated and extravagant recipes. She prefers simple. HERE is an episode where she made a simple healthy and delicious Buddha Bowl on #LunchBreakLIVE. Check it out.
Below are the ingredients and the recipe for her favorite vegan tacos. Most of the ingredients were purchased at Trader Joe’s. They have a lot of great vegan options there and it’s a super affordable place to shop.
Easy Vegan Tacos
- 1/2 package Trader Joe's Beefless Beef
- Follow Your Heart Sour Cream as much as you want on your tacos
- Trader Joe's Nacho Cashew Cheese Sauce as much as you want on your tacos
- 1 avocado sliced
- hot sauce your choice
- 2 tortillas I used low carb
- chipotle chili powder to taste
- taco seasoning to taste
- Put beefless beef in a pan on medium-high heat. Add a little olive oil, chipotle chilli powder, and taco seasoning.
- While that is cooking, prep your tortillas by adding the sour cream, nacho cheese sauce, fresh avocado, fresh avocado, and hot sauce.
- Stir the beefless beef and make sure its cooked all around, cook until done (about 7-10 minutes).