Erin Riley-Carassco is all about the vegan egg! Last week she made her most popular and most requested recipe, vegan deviled eggs. This week she brings on more plant-based “egg” recipes for us to enjoy!
EVERYTHING EGG Segment Part II (plant-based of course!) on today’s segment of #SaturdaySnackdown with Erin Riley-Carrasco. No need to support the cruel Egg Industry that kills over 7 Billion male baby chicks annually! These two recipes are quick, easy and 100% cruelty-free! Try the egg salad on a croissant with Vegenaise or Just Mayo vegan mayonnaise, add sprouts and tomato plus salt and pepper to taste. For the vegan egg scramble, Erin used delicious Miyokos plant-based butter, Kala Namak (black salt, a MUST for any vegan egg recipe! It can be ordered off Amazon or found at most Indian Food Stores) garlic powder or garlic salt, Nutritional Yeast, chives/green onions, chopped tomatoes, plus salt and pepper to taste. Be creative and add spinach, mushrooms and vegan sour cream. Or, make a delicious egg burrito by adding chopped onions, cilantro, vegan cheese shreds, and salt and pepper to taste. Add avocado slices on top and salsa inside the burrito or on the side to dip. For fried eggs, cut a thin piece of the FIRM tofu and add to a pan with melted *Miyoko’s butter (*other brands of vegan butter are available, but please make sure they contain no Palm Oil!) Sprinkle Kala Namak and Nutritional Yeast on one side and cook just as you would a fried egg. Flip and do the same to the other side. Cook until you get the consistency/firmness you desire. To make a Fried Egg Sandwich, spread Vegenaise mayonnaise on your toast, add fried tofu egg and top with a slice of Chao Smoked Gouda vegan cheese. The cheese melts on the egg and is absolutely delicious!! So many different tasty varieties of healthy ingredients can be achieved to create the perfect omelette, egg burrito, fried egg, deviled eggs, egg scramble, and egg salad recipes. Enjoy!
Erin always has awesome Holiday vegan recipe ideas, and this Easter, she does not disappoint, bringing the almighty vegan egg into play. We may all be stuck at home due to Covid-19, unable to see our friends and family as much as we would like, but that does not mean we can’t have an awesome vegan Easter meal. Lockdown does not mean we can’t eat with joy, share compassion with the world, and inspire others to find gratitude and love this Easter holiday by choosing vegan. That is exactly what Erin does in this episode, by showing the world how easy and delicious Easter brunch can be, vegan style. No suffering, no cruelty, and definitely no lack in taste!
Vegan Egg Scramble
- - Miyokos vegan butter
- - Just Egg vegan egg product
- - Kala Namak Black salt
- - Nutritional Yeast
- - Garlic powder
- - Salt and Pepper to taste
- *Optional chopped tomato, chives, onions, mushrooms, spinach, vegan sour cream
- - Put a dollop of Miyoko’s vegan butter into frying pan and let melt
- - After shaking well, add the whole container of the “Just Egg” bottle
- - Add 1 tablespoon of Kala Namak (black salt)
- - Add 2 tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
- - Salt and pepper to taste
Vegan Egg Salad
- - one block FIRM tofu
- - 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- - 1/2 cup Veganaise or Just Mayo vegan mayonnaise
- - 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- - 2 1/2 teaspoons of Kala Namak Black Salt
- - salt and pepper to taste
- - mix all ingredients in a bowl with a large fork, mashing and mixing until consistency is even. Serve on a croissant with Veganaise or Just Mayo vegan mayonnaise and lettuce or sprouts and a slice of tomato. Add salt and pepper to taste.