Make the most of batch cooking and the plentiful fresh produce in the store right now in this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. @batchcookingclub founder, Stephanie Dreyer (aka @veegmama) shows us how to make Marinated Cauliflower Steaks with Lentil Olive Relish.
Make the most of batch cooking and the plentiful fresh produce in the store right now in today’s #LunchbreakLIVE. Batch Cooking Club founder, Stephanie Dreyer (aka VeegMama) shows us how to make Marinated Cauliflower Steaks with Lentil Olive Relish. Join Batch Cooking Club at https://www.batchcookingclub.com/.
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Thursday, April 2, 2020
Stephanie Dreyer is a plant-based meal planning expert and the founder of Batch Cooking Club, a weekly vegan meal planning membership that makes mealtime easier. She is also the award-winning children’s book author of Not A Nugget and Not A Purse. Stephanie is a magician in the kitchen, using creativity to make batch cooking fun, and tasty! You should definitely consider becoming a member of Batch Cooking Club, and experience how batch cooking can and will change your life!
Just look at these beautiful Marinated Cauliflower Steaks. They are almost too pretty to eat…almost. We hope you will try this recipe at home and tell us what you think. I do not think you will be disappointed.
Marinated Cauliflower Steaks with Lentil Olive Relish
- 4 Tbsp shoyu tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp agave
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 batch Lentil Olive Relish recipe below
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the shoyu, Worcestershire sauce, agave, vinegar, garlic, salt and olive oil in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place the cauliflower head on a cutting board. Remove the outer leaves. Slice the cauliflower into 4-6 thick slices (each about 1 inch wide).
- Place the cauliflower slices into a bag and pour the marinade over them. Allow to marinate at least 20 minutes.
- Place the cauliflower slices on a baking sheet lined with a silpat mat or parchment paper. (Reserve the marinade.) Roast for 20 minutes. Baste with the reserved marinade every 10 minutes, flipping on each side.
- Remove from the oven and top with the Lentil Olive Relish to serve.
Lentil Olive Relish
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley no stems
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 12- oz can green olives 1 cup
- ¼ cup capers
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 15- oz can black lentils drained and rinsed (about 1 ¾ cups)
- Combine the lemon juice, parsley and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- With the processor running, slowly stream in the olive oil, scraping down the sides as needed to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add the olives, capers, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Pulse until combined but still chunky.
- Stir in the lentils. Taste and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper as needed.