On this episode of #SaturdaySnackDown, part of the #LunchBreakLIVE series on #JaneUnChained News Network, Erin Riley-Carrasco, PETAS’s sexiest vegan over 50, and her fellow dog rescuer and friend Ana DeTommaso are making traditional Mexican plant-based green enchiladas with Beyond Meat. This is one delicious meal and a 100% plant-based recipe.
These traditional Mexican green enchiladas are an old family recipe that Erin Riley-Carrasco’s fellow vegan/dog rescuer friend Ana DeTommaso, who was born in Mexico, veganized. She remembers eating these as a young child and loving them, and when she became vegan, it was very simple for her to veganize them since there are so many amazing plant-based versions of the ingredients! Both Erin and Ana are passionate about living a cruelty-free, plant-based lifestyle and these green enchiladas are the perfect example of how as vegans, we don’t need to give up any of our favorite foods! We just remove the cruelty! This recipe may seem labor intensive, but it’s actually very easy to make. These enchiladas are protein-packed and bursting with festive flavors of fresh peppers, spices, and plant-based Beyond Meat. Great to bring to a party or to serve at home to your family, these green enchiladas are an excellent source of comfort food, which we could ALL use right now! Enjoy! #veganmexicanfood #greenenchiladas #vegout #friendsnotfood #veganisthefuture #veganfoodshare #plantbasedenchiladas #tomatillos #jalapenos #spicymexicanfood #vegano #compassionbeginsonyourplate #saturdaysnackdown #janeunchained
Traditional Mexican Green Enchiladas
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- 5 fresh green tomatillos
- 2 fresh jalapeños
- sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 yellow onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 package “Beyond Meat”
- “Go Veggie” cheddar cheese shreds
- “Follow Your Heart” vegan sour cream
- coconut Oil
- *cilantro optional
- - Cook the Beyond Meat and add a 1/4 cup chopped onions to the vegan meat and cook until done.
- - Add a small amount of coconut oil to your skillet and add your tortillas, flipping until lightly crispy on each side and then dip the tortillas into the green tomatillo sauce. Add the seasoned Beyond Meat and roll-up. Continue making 4 more.
- - Top your enchiladas with vegan cheddar cheese shreds (we used “Just Veggie” brand) vegan sour cream (we used “Follow Your Heart” brand ) slices of avocado, salt, and pepper to taste and cilantro if desired. Also pour a little of the green tomatillo sauce over the finished enchiladas. Pair with a side of refried beans or Mexican rice or both.