Here we are on #LunchBreakLIVE making spectacular Soba Noodle Salad brought to you by Veeg Mama, otherwise known as Stephanie Dreyer. Let’s watch her make an amazing vegan meal, one of my favorites actually. I am a soba noodle fan!
#LunchBreakLIVE making Spectacular Soba Noodle Salad brought to you by VeegMama, aka Stephanie Dreyer! Stephanie is also the founder of Batch Cooking Club, where you plan ahead and can freeze! Perfect during this coronavirus crisis! Hunker down! Ask questions! Share out!
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Thursday, March 12, 2020
Stephanie Dreyer is a plant-based meal planning expert and the founder of Batch Cooking Club, a weekly meal prep membership that makes mealtime easier and helps families live more deliciously! Her recipes and meal planning advice have been featured in several publications and online media outlets, including VegNews magazine and VegNews.com, Chickpea magazine, Menshealth.com, Parade and Thrive Global.
How Batch cooking Club works: Their unique weekly meal prep process takes just about 90 minutes. Reduce your overall time in the kitchen each week with their easy step-by-step system that gives you 5 recipes to batch cook on the weekend. You will transform those ready to go soups, sauces, dressings, vegetables, and plant proteins into 3 quick and easy meals later in the week. It’s that simple! Be sure to check them out. Now, let’s dive into the delicious Soba Noodle Salad Stephanie made today…
Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Tofu
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
6-oz soba noodles
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups snap peas, trimmed
¼ cup shredded carrots
2 cups shredded green cabbage
1 batch Peanut Tofu (recipe below)
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
¼ cup peanuts, chopped
For the dressing:
½ cup smooth peanut butter
1 ½ Tbsp tamari, shoyu or soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
½ cup warm water
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp agave
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, grated
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the green onions and garlic. Add the rest of the vegetables. Cook 3-5 minutes.
4. Drain the noodles and add them to the pan, along with the dressing and Peanut Tofu. Stir well to combine.
5. Garnish with the cilantro, sesame seeds and peanuts. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes about 2 cups
4 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp shoyu, tamari or soy sauce
¼ tsp agave
Juice 1 lime
16-oz extra firm tofu, drained and cut into ½-inch cubes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Combine the peanut butter, tamari, agave and lime juice in a mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
3. Stir in the tofu to evenly coat. Marinate at least half an hour.
4. Spread the tofu and marinade on a baking sheet lined with a silpat mat or parchment paper. Bake 25-30 minutes.