ALOHA! Our LunchBreakLIVE guest chef TODAY on JaneUnChained LIVE is the vivacious Hollan Hamid, known as Hollan Hawaii, a Hawaiian-based vegan chef, Cordon Bleu-trained, former restaurant owner, health advocate and mother of three. Watch live while she makes BBQ tofu and cauliflower, over coconut rice with sautéed kale! This is one of her delicious recipes from her easy to prepare, the beach-inspired book “Good Food Gratitude!” Can’t wait to try making this dish at home!
Hollan takes us away to paradise as she shows us how to make this super simple yet filling recipe in her beautiful home in Hawaii! Her kids absolutely love this recipe because of its sweet tangy barbecue flavor! Hollan recommends using all roasted cauliflower instead of tofu if you don’t eat soy or if you have an allergy like Hollan. Hollan shows us how to prepare the cauliflower, steam the kale, and make the coconut cream rice. Once it’s all ready with a little help of LunchBreakLIVE magic, Hollan coats the cauliflower with barbecue sauce and makes it pretty on a plate! Trying making this easy dish at home for your family and friends with Hollan’s recipes below!
Photos courtesy of Paige Parsons Roache.
Guiltless BBQ Cauliflower or Tofu
- 1 head cauliflower large or firm tofu (!9 oz) chopped into one-inch pieces
- ¼ red onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons dill
- BBQ Sauce jarred or homemade
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients (except BBQ) together in a bowl and put in a 9x13 pyrex dish. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, remove from oven and coat in BBQ Sauce.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup coconut milk canned
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Mix ingredients together in saucepan and stir. Bring to boil on medium-high. Once you see bubbles cover and lower to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- 1 head kale chopped
- 2 Tablespoons water
- salt to season
- On medium heat add all ingredients and cook for 2 minutes until kale wilts.