On this episode of #SaturdaySnackDown you will learn how to make the best vegan Caesar Salad with Brazil Nut Cheese. So delicious and 100% cruelty-free! Host Erin Riley-Carrasco and guest Chef Vallie Gilley, known as the MasterBaker, will demonstrate how quick and easy this super popular salad is to make. This recipe is one of Vallie’s most requested dishes.
Vallie Gilley is the owner of Jitters Coffee Pub and founder of Oside Kitchen Collaborative which is a zero-waste, plant-based and sustainable kitchen. How amazing is that?! Our planet would benefit so much if everyone followed in Vallie’s footsteps, striving towards a zero-waste lifestyle. I know this seems like a super difficult way to live, but Vallie has proven it can be done, and it is not that difficult. There are ways you can start small, working towards the goal of zero-waste. For example, composting is easy. Save all your food scraps for composting. Try and reduce the amount of plastic you use, with the goal of eliminating it altogether. Eliminate disposable paper products. Use only reusable. Just google how to live a zero-waste life and you will see there are many ways to get started. I admit that I am not living a zero-waste lifestyle, but I am trying to reduce my waste to the best of my ability, with the goal of gradually reducing my waste more an more so it becomes more of a lifestyle rather than a life rule.
Now let’s get back to this delici0us BOMB Vegan Caesar Salad! From the homemade (easy) croutons to the Brazillian nut parmesan cheese, homemade cheesy garlic dressing and fresh greens, jicama, cherry tomatoes, and lemon squeezed on top, this is the BEST Caesar Salad you will ever have. This is one of the most requested recipes of Vallie’s, and now it is yours. Enjoy!
Vegan Caesar Salad
- 6 cups mixed Power Greens or 4 bunches of Dino Kale washed, steamed, chopped
- 1 cup of any veggies you like chopped to add to salad
- 1 cup of Croutons
- Make the vegan dressing and the vegan parmesan (see other recipes) and mix the dressing all over greens then toss in veggies and croutons and then sprinkle nut cheese all over the top.
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- just blend all ingredients, if it’s a little thick just add a little water to thin out.
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- add all ingredients in a food processor and blend until it resembles a crumble. You want it to have texture and not turn into a paste.