#LunchBreakLIVE with the authors of the extraordinary brand new, science infused book: The Healthspan Solution. In this episode, you will see two recipes from the book being prepared by the authors: Julieanna Hever and Ray Cronise. Sriracha-Stuffed Mushrooms and Lemon Tahini Broccoli Slaw.
About the book The Healthspan Solution: Based on over a decade of research and longevity analysis, authors and leading plant-based experts Julieanna Hever and Ray Cronise introduce a revolutionary way of eating designed to help you lose weight, reverse disease and achieve optimal health.
These two chefs are incredible. Both highly knowledgeable in the health and plant-based arena. And boy can they whip up delicious and healthy meals! Here is a little more about today’s chefs and the authors of the featured book in this video, Healthspan Solution.
Julieanna Hever MS, RD, CPT, The Plant-Based Dietitian, has a BA in Theater and a MS in Nutrition, bringing her biggest passions for food, presenting, and helping people. She has authored five books, including the brand new Healthspan Solution, Plant-Based Nutrition (Idiot’s Guide) and The Vegiterranean Diet, plus two peer-reviewed journal articles on plant-based nutrition for healthcare professionals. She hosted of the television show “What Would Julieanna Do?”, delivered a TEDx talk, and instructed for the eCornell Plant-Based Nutrition Certification Program. She’s appeared on The Dr. Oz Show, Harry, and The Steve Harvey Show. Julieanna is the co-Founder and Nutrition Director for Efferos, a lifestyle transformation company. Additionally, she speaks to and consults with clients around the globe, while formulating innovative delicious plant-based recipes.
Ray Cronise, BSc, is a scientist-innovator focused on diet and nutrition and co-founder of Efferos, the lifestyle transformation company he co-founded with Julieanna. He co-authored Healthspan Solution and Plant-Based Nutrition (Idiot’s Guide), 2E with Julieanna Hever and is the mastermind behind La Vegas magician Penn Jillette’s plant-based diet 100-pound weight loss. A former NASA scientist, a Matthew Kenney and Blue Lotus Culinary graduate, he’s collaborating with leading academic researchers at institutions such as Harvard and National Institutes of Health NIH to publish work about the intersection of healthspan and plant-based diets. He’s been featured by Wired Magazine, TEDMED 2010, The New York Times, ABC Nightline, The Atlantic, The Daily Beast, Men’s Journal, The Guardian, Presto!: How I Made 100 Pounds Magically Disappear, and The 4-Hour Body.
Now let’s get back to the delicious food that was prepared on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE…..Sriracha-Stuffed Mushrooms and Lemon Tahini Broccoli Slaw.
These stuffed mushrooms were so delicious! With a bit of spice and lots of love. Plus the broccoli slaw was also heavenly and super healthy! Try making these dishes at home and if you like them, definitely check out Julieanna and Ray’s newest book Healthspan Solution for additional awesome recipes for every day of the week!
- 24 oz baby bella mushrooms 1 large 24package
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast unfortified if available
- 1 cup red bell pepper seeded, ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wipe mushrooms with moist paper towel or soft brush and remove stems. Dice stems and set aside in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Place mushroom caps on prepared baking sheet.
- In blender, add cashews and nutritional yeast flakes and pulse until a fine powder, but not long enough that it creates a nut butter. Scrape corners of blender with spatula to make sure the powder is not sticking to the sides of blender.
- Add bell pepper, garlic, sriracha and lemon juice and blend until fully combined and creamy. If it is too thick, a small amount of water can be added. Be cautious not to make it too thin.
- In the mixing bowl, fold sauce into the mushroom stems. Spoon mixture into each mushroom cap evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until filling is firm and golden and mushrooms have released most of their liquid. Serve hot.