#LunchBreakLIVE with the lovely and multi-talented vegan chef Megan Sadd of Carrots and Flowers. Megan is a cookbook author, plant-based cheese expert (we all need one those in our lives!) and a dedicated mom. Megan made mouthwatering sun-dried tomato mac ‘n’ cheez, one of the incredible recipes from her new book “30 Minute Vegan Dinners.” This book, which was praised by Forbes Magazine, makes a great staple for those who are looking for quick, easy and tasty vegan recipes. You can order her book on Amazon.
#LunchBreakLIVE with the lovely and multi-talented vegan chef Megan Sadd of Carrots and Flowers! Megan is a cookbook author, plant-based cheese expert and dedicated mom! Megan is making mouthwatering SUN-DRIED TOMATO MAC ‘N’ CHEEZ, one of the incredible recipes from her new book “30 Minute Vegan Dinners!” This book, which was praised by Forbes Magazines, makes a great holiday gift! Order now for immediate delivery here: amzn.to/2MdKS0L
Posted by Jane Unchained News on Friday, December 20, 2019
If you like to cook I highly recommend Megan’s newest cookbook. There are great recipes like Roasted Cauliflower Romesco Tacos, Spicy Buffalo Tempeh Wraps, or Date Night Truffled Mac ‘n’ Cheez. The book is also full of smart tips for cooking efficiently, and a recipe for every mood you may find yourself in. Many of the recipes are gluten-free. Every recipe in this book clocks under 30 minutes, including prep, which is great for the busy and demanding lifestyles most of us live these days!
The Creamiest Vegan Mac 'n' Cheez Ever!
- 2/3 cup cashews raw
- 2 cups small pasta shells
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tbs nutritional yeast
- 6-7 basil leaves small
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds divided (optional)
- Fill a saucepan with 3 cups of water and a large saucepan with 8 cups of water and put both over high heat. Add cashews to the small saucepan. It's okay if the water is not boiling yet. Boil the cashews for ten minutes until softened.
- When the large pot of water is boiling add the pasta shells and a pinch of salt to the pot. Boil according to package instructions, but a bit longer than al dente, and then drain.
- When the cashews have two minutes left to boil, add the sun-dried tomatoes to the saucepan. Drain after two minutes and reserve the water.
- Add the cashews and sun-dried tomatoes to a high-powered blender with 2 cups of the reserved water. Add the flour, yeast, basil, garlic, salt, paprika, and red pepper flakes and blend on high until smooth, about two minutes.
- Place the pasta pan back over medium heat. Pour the cheez from the blender into the pan. Stir for a couple of minutes, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan, until the sauce begins to thicken into gooey cheez.
- Add the pasta to the cheez sauce and keep stirring until the sauce becomes very thick and gooey. About 2-3 more minutes. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and 1 tbs of hemp seeds on each portion. FRESH TIPS! If using sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, skip the boiling and put them straight into the blender. use pre-soaked cashews to save even more time. If you double this recipe, the cheez will need an extra minute or two to thicken while stirring before adding the pasta.