by Tori Ross
14 oz. package extra-firm tofu (preferably organic + sprouted)
4 Tbs Liquid Aminos / Tamari / Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Toasted Sesame Oil
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp garam masala or curry powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
dash of sea salt
a dozen cherry tomatoes
a few sprigs of fresh cilantro
1. Drain tofu and press between towels (cloth or paper) for several minutes to draw out excess water. While that’s pressing –
2. Add all ingredients (except tomatoes, cilantro, and tofu) to a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
3. Crumble tofu into bite-size pieces, add to mixture in the bowl and stir to coat all the tofu.
5. Heat 1-2 Tbs oil (preferably a high-smoke point oil like avocado or safflower) in a large skillet on med to med-high heat.
7. Add tofu to the pan, spread in an even layer, and cook for about five minutes. While that’s cooking –
8. Slice cherry tomatoes in half, then flip tofu (it should be a bit browned on the bottom) and add tomatoes to the pan.
9. Cook for another five minutes or so, until evenly cooked throughout and it’s slightly browned/crispy to your liking.
10. Serve in burritos, on toast, in breakfast bowls, and top with cilantro or any other fresh herbs and hot sauce you like!
Enjoy and share with friends and family any time of day!