“Jonnae the Queen” Jonnae Thompson
creates a delicious masterpiece on today’s LunchBreakLIVE
. Stand-up Comedienne, Actress, Model and Vocalist, you may recognize her from Tru TV’s “Laff Tracks
,” Revolt TV’s “Funny AF
,” or on various internet platforms, such as “All Def
”! Today she is making us an unbelievably delicious-looking Vegan Zuppa Toscano Soup!
All of these ingredients combined make an unbelievably good soup!
Jonnae who is originally from San Diego came to the Woodland Hills area to attend college. She had been somewhat of a pescatarian for a few years. Thanks to a push from fellow schoolmate and JaneUnchained favorite, Sean Hill
, she decided to take the leap and go vegan about a year ago! Now, Jonnae enjoys curating private, 3-course plant-based dinners for both vegan and non-vegan audiences under her moniker “Alternative Creations”. More recently, Jonnae has had the opportunity to intern with the legendary plant-based chef Lauren Von Der Pool and work as a production assistant for Vegan Exchange LA formerly known as Vegan Sundays.
She is also working very hard on her entertainment career and performs at comedy shows regularly. Check out her act on her YouTube channel
and the links below!
The soup is almost as lovely as these two queens Nika and Jonnae!
Today Jonnae is making us the most scrumptious soup we’ve ever seen! This Zuppo soup looks too good to be made at home, but Jonnae shows us how! The soup includes potatoes and Beyond Meat Sausages
she crisps to perfection in her air fryer. It also has a myriad of savory spices, including an exotic sweet black garlic. To make the soup over the top good and creamy, Jonnae adds coconut cream. When it’s perfect and ready for the tasting, her good friend Nika King
, from the show Euphoria on HBO
, glides into the kitchen to taste it. She can’t believe how good it is either! Everyone watching the show is drooling away over this recipe! Lucky for you it’s right below! Scroll down to try making this soup at home tonight with Jonnae’s recipe!
- 3 spicy beyond sausage
- 1/2 cup of vegan bacon bits
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups of water
- 3 small russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 3 medium red potatoes medium sliced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 can of coconut cream
- Vegan mozzarella
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Brown sausage in pan or air fryer
- Sauté chopped onions
- Add minced garlic
- Add vegetable broth and water to pot. Add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper
- Add thinly sliced potatoes, cooked sausage and bacon bits to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat
- Continue cooking until potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes)
- Add kale to the soup, and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally
- Stir in the coconut cream and nutritional yeast and let heat through
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with vegan mozzarella or Parmesan