#LunchBreakLIVE in Portland, Oregon with Dani Rukin aka The Daring Vegan making her Super Delish & Nutrish Oatmeal, Banana, Date, & Walnut Breakfast (or anytime!) Cookies. Be prepared to eat several at one sitting and not feel guilty! And don’t forget the cup of coffee with plant-based creamer to go with it. Nothing like the aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg filling the house when they’re in the oven. Beyond the kitchen, Dani’s out protesting, marching and covering vigils around the world with The Save Movement, Cubes of Truth with Direct Action Everywhere – DxE, Anonymous for the Voiceless, organizing FUR BANS and CLIMATE MARCHES, while business coaching and public speaking on animal rights!
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 15 minutes. Makes about 15-18 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 med-large bananas)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Taste batter and adjust spices if need be.
- Using a Tablespoon size cookie scoop drop small rounded balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly flatten each cookie with the back of the spoon or your fingers.
- Bake in the oven until lightly browned on the bottom. About 15+ minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your cookies.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then Enjoy!
*This recipe is adapted from Dishing Up The Dirt, which is adapted from Eating Clean Recipes.