#BESTVEGANCHOCOLATECAKE on the last episode of #SaturdaySnackdown with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)’s Sexiest Vegan over 50 Erin Riley-Carrasco and her bestie Natalie Hodges Bean. This truly IS the best chocolate cake ever! 100% cruelty-free goodness. It’s never been easier to be vegan! Shoutout to Nora Taylor of #NoraCooks for this amazing recipe.
Erin hosted her best friend’s birthday party last week and one of her friends made this delicious chocolate cake for it. It was SO good, the birthday girl joked it got more attention than she did! The best part about this vegan chocolate cake is how easy it is to make. It’s super-rich and moist and the frosting is mouthwatering good! The two ingredients that make this cake super moist is the applesauce and adding boiling water to the cake batter right before baking. If you want to give a friend the best gift ever, make them this cake! Erin promises you they’ll never forget it! #veganchocolatecake #veganrecipes #vegandessert #crueltyfreefood #compassionbeginsonyourplate #veganlife #plantbasedfood #easyveganrecipes #vegan #nodairy #nocruelty #bestvegancake #saturdaysnackdown #janeunchained
All the ingredients for this amazing cake!
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup cacao powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
*strawberries – optional
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
1 cup of cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups Miyokos vegan butter
4-5 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4-1/2cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two 9 inch cake pans.
2. Measure 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and add the tablespoon of vinegar to it. Stir slightly and set aside to curdle.
3. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well to combine.
4. Add the oil, applesauce, vanilla, and almond milk vinegar mixture. Mix on medium speed with a hand mixer until well combined.
5. Lower the speed and carefully pour in the boiling water, continuing to mix into the cake batter until combined. The batter will seem very runny at this point; that is how it should be!
6. Divide the batter evenly between your cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. After 10 minutes of cooling in the pan, carefully remove the cakes from the pans and let cool completely before frosting.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
1. Add the cocoa powder to a large bowl and whisk well to remove any clumps.
2. Add the softened vegan butter and mix with a hand mixer until creamed and well combined.
3. Add half of the powdered sugar and half of the almond milk and mix until combined. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix starting on low and turn to high. Mix until fluffy and combined.
4. If the frosting seems too dry, add more almond milk, a tablespoon or two at a time. If the frosting seems too wet and doesn’t hold its shape, add more powdered sugar until it thickens up.
5. Frost the cake using an icing spatial or just a butter knife.
6. Sprinkle powdered sugar all over the cake and add cut strawberries if desired
Look at how moist and delicious this cake looks!
Erin Riley-Carrasco and her bestie Natalie Hodges Bean, posing with their delicious vegan cake!