Today on #SaturdaySnackdown Erin Riley-Carrasco PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)’s Sexiest Vegan over 50 and Michelle May president and founder of Seva Foods and Benjii's Canine Cuisine will be making delicious vegan fried egg sandwiches with a secret ingredient you must know about! The printed out recipe will available to view on JaneUnchained.com on Tuesday. Enjoy! #veganbreakfast #veganeggs #crueltyfreerecipes #compassionbeginsonyourplate
Hands down this is the BEST vegan fried egg recipe! These mini fried egg sandwiches are the perfect appetizer for a get-together and will surely start a new tradition for breakfast on the weekends! Cut these sandwiches into mini squares and top with a tater tot on a toothpick for a mouthwatering bite-size treat or just cut the sandwich in half and served with the potatoes on the side. The best part, aside from their delicious taste? These contain NO cholesterol and NO saturated fat! You can also use optional toppings like avocado or tomato slices. ENJOY! #veganrecipes #crueltyfree #dairyfree #veganbreakfast #thefutureisvegan #vegannow #healthyegan #compassionbeginsonyourplate
Mini Fried Egg Sandwiches
1 bag frozen tater tots
10 slices of bread
1 block of extra firm tofu
5 slices vegan cheese (we used “Follow Your Heart” Smoked Gouda
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise or Vegenaise
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
2 1/2 teaspoons kala namak salt
*Optional: add avocados or tomatoes slices
1. Bake tater tots according to manufacturer’s instructions and set aside.
2. Slice the block of tofu vertically into 5 slabs
3. Mix the nutritional yeast, kala namak salt and turmeric in a bowl.
4. Add oil to a large skillet and fry tofu over medium heat, spoon out 2 teaspoons of seasoning mixture per slice.
5. Once the tofu is browned on one side, flip and add distribute remaining seasoning mixture.
6. After tofu is browned on both sides, remove from heat.
7. Cut crusts off bread and reserve for another use.
8. After toasting bread, spread 1 tablespoon of mayo on one side, add a slice of fried tofu and a slice of cheese and top with another piece of bread. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
9. Cut each sandwich into quarters.
10. Use a toothpick to attach a tater tot on top of each mini sandwich
The ingredients for this amazing vegan fried egg sandwich.
Michelle May and Erin Riley-Carrasco posing with their delicious vegan fried egg sandwich!
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind the scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl