Sandra Sellani reports for JaneUnchained News Network.
Photo courtesy of Sandra Sellani.
Grape and Feta Summer Slaw
- ¼ c. plain vegan yogurt, preferred brand Silk
- 1/8 c. vegan mayo preferred brand Veganaise
- ½ t. organic sugar
- ¼ t. dried mustard
- ¼ t. salt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 c. shredded green cabbage
- 1 c. shredded purple cabbage
- ½ carrot, shredded
- ½ c. red grapes halved
- ½ package Violife brand vegan Feta cheese, cut into 1/8 cubes
- ¼ c. chopped roasted almonds
- ¼ c. chopped chives
- Mix vegan yogurt, vegan mayo, sugar, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrot grapes and feta with dressing until thoroughly coated.
- Top with nuts and chives and serve immediately.
- Options – serve on top of a vegan burger or vegan hot dog, serve as a side dish or top with grilled tofu or tempeh.
Makes 2-4 servings.