Between mixn’ tunes and making meals, these two vegan entrepreneurs join us for #LunchBreakLIVE . Jezzy and Mike, @PlantbasedAmor, created their “Kale ‘Em With Kindness” dish, a tasty combination of spices, tofu, kale, mushrooms and more. Need a Dj? Check out DJ Mike Sincere!
Between mixn’ tunes and making meals, these two vegan entrepreneurs join us TODAY for #LunchBreakLIVE at a special time 3:30pm PST. Jezzy and Mike, Plant-based Amor, will create their “Kale ‘Em With Kindness” dish, a tasty combination of spices, tofu, kale, mushrooms and more. Need a Dj? Check out DJ Mike Sincere!
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Friday, June 21, 2019
Here is a little bit more info about Jezzy and Mike:
“Our love for cruelty-free food and passion for creativity sparked @plantbasedamor. As entrepreneurs of being a DJ and owning our photo booth company @thereupbooth, our lifestyle is extremely busy and can take a toll on our health. The journey started when we both decided not a single piece of food that had been treated with violence would enter our bodies! Yes, we went Vegan on the same day! Now, we are constantly cooking new recipes that are wholesome, and trying new spots around LA that spark inspiration. Not only did our pallet for food change, but our bodies also responded by healing itself through holistic foods. Launching our blog is our first step towards sharing this optimistic lifestyle. Stay tuned for more yummy goodness to come!”
Kale ‘em with Kindness
- 3-4 finely chopped leaves of green kale
- 3-4 finely chopped leaves of red kale
- 1 lemon or 2 limes
- 1 avocado
- 1 block of pressed firm tofu (diced)
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup of soaked walnuts (overnight)
- ¼ of an onion (sliced)
- 3 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp of coconut amino acids
- 1-2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of onion powder
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of Dill
- 1 ½ tbsp of hemp seeds
- 1 cup of water
For the tofu:
- In a medium pan on low heat add a splash of water and your diced tofu and sliced onion.
- Add 2 tsp of pink Himalayan salt, 2 tsp of coconut amino acids, ½ juice of lemon, 1-2 tbsp of nutritional yeast, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of onion powder, 1 tsp of oregano, 1 tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp of paprika, and 2 tsp of cumin. Let this cook for about 5-7 minutes stirring and adding water when needs to keep the tofu from sticking.
- After the tofu has captured all the flavors add your mushrooms and stir for 1-2 minutes until slightly tender. Turn off the stove and let cool.
For the sauce:
- Strain soaked walnuts and put in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add 2 tsp of dill, 1 ½ tbsp of hemp seeds, 1 tsp of oregano, 1 tsp of onion powder, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of pink Himalayan, 1 tsp of nutritional yeast,1 tsp of paprika, and a splash of water.
- Blend until smooth.
Salad Massage session:
- Place chopped kale in a bowl and pour about 3 tbsp of walnut sauce along with the juice of half a lemon. Massage kale for 1 minute or 2.
- In your bowls add massaged kale, top with your tofu & mushrooms, slice pieces of avocado and place on top, and finally, drizzle (or drench, your choice) walnut sauce!