Sandra Sellani co-author of the award-winning 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook makes Thai Mango Salad today on LunchbreakLIVE. Watch as Sandra shows us how to use mangos that are unripe to make a delicious exotic salad. This easy recipe is sure to impress all of your family and friends!
Sandra explains for this salad she uses a completely green unripe mango. That’s right! No more waiting for mangos to ripen. First, Sandra shows us how to make a tangy Asian salad dressing using liquid aminos, which is like soy sauce with less sodium. Then, Sandra uses a nifty shredding peeler she bought on Amazon to make the shredded mango almost effortlessly. She also adds a little shredded carrot for color and mint leaves for freshness. Last, but definitely not least, Sandra adds the tofu she made in her air fryer for added protein. Then she drizzles the dressing from earlier on top, so it doesn’t take the flavor away from the mango. Why wait? Try making your own (unripe) Thai Mango Salad at home with the recipe below!
Sandra Sellani reports for JaneUnchained News Network.
Photo courtesy of Sandra Sellani.
Thai Mango Salad from 40-Year-Old Vegan
- 4 unripened mangos, peeled and cut into matchstick strips about 4 inches long
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into matchstick strips, about 4 inches long
- 4 small green onions, white part only, cut into thin strips
- 6 large Thai basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 6 mint leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1-10 oz. package of extra firm tofu
- 2 T. coconut aminos
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ¼ c. coconut aminos
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. rice wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 T. chopped, salted dry roasted peanuts
- I lime, cut in quarters
- Marinate tofu in 2T. coconut aminos and cook in the air fryer at 375 for 12 minutes or in the oven from 15 minutes, or until they start to get firm and brown.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl and allow to marinate while you are making the salad.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pile salad onto 2-4 plates depending on size portions you want
- Drizzle salad dressing on top of each salad.
- Top each salad with tofu cubes and peanuts.