#LunchBreakLIVE with the team from The National Animal Rights Day – North America! Aylam Orian, the founder of NARD, leads his team in making vegan potato salad and sloppy joe’s! And, they will tell us all about The National Animal Rights Day, coming up Sunday, June 2nd all across the US. Europe and Asia!
The 9th Annual National Animal Rights Day Is Coming Up On June 2, 2019
“Established by the non-profit Our Planet. Theirs Too. in 2011, The National Animal Rights Day (NARD) is an annual day observed in multiple countries around the world on the first Sunday in June, for the purpose of giving a voice to all animals and raising awareness for their rights, until all animals are free from enslavement and their rights are established and protected by law.
On this day, special NARD events are held simultaneously in major cities around the globe. They start with a Memorial Ceremony for the billions of animals who die every year by human hands, which often include some of the actual victims and the reading and signing of The Declaration of Animal Rights. They end with a Celebration of the animals in our lives, and the steps that are being made every year towards ending animals’ suffering and shifting humanity to a cruelty-free, plant-based (vegan) lifestyle.”
Here are the events pages for all of the NARD events happening on June 2nd around the world:
🚩Kansas City https://www.facebook.com/events/542146812857794/
🚩Los Angeles https://www.facebook.com/events/1067029393468634/
🚩New York City https://www.facebook.com/events/2094152707358389
🇭🇰Hong Kong https://www.facebook.com/events/257958485086262/
I urge you to get involved in a city near you. This is an amazing day to be a part of. To find out more info, please visit the NARD website HERE
Now back to the AMAZING food the NARD crew cooked up today on #LunchBreakLIVE. Vegan Potato Salad and the BEST Sloppy Joes!
And now for the Recipes:
NARD Potato Salad
· potatoes (~10 medium), scrubbed and cut into 3/4-inch or so chunks (leave the skin on, unless you’d rather not)
· ~1 & 1/2 cup VEGAN Mayonnaise of your choice
· 3 – 4 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar …or other flavors
· 1 – 2 tsp. salt or to your taste
· 1 tsp. raw sugar (unless you’d rather not)
· 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper or to your taste
· ~ 3 – 4 stalks celery, washed and sliced
· 1 medium chopped onion
· Sprinkles of Turmeric
1. Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
3. Enjoy chilled or at room temperature!
NARD Sloppy Joe’s
· Any VEGAN ground round, smart ground, beefless ground of your choice
· Can or two of your favorite Sloppy Joe Sauce
· You can add chopped up, sautéed onion and/or bell pepper if you want.
· Burger buns or other bread of your choice
1. Warm up the sauce in a pan