- Marinate Upton’s Natural Seitan cut into 1-inch cubes: In a medium bowl, stir together the soy sauce, rice wine, and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the chicken and stir gently to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
– 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a separate bowl, prepare this sauce: combine the black vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, and Sichuan pepper. Stir until cornstarch are dissolved and set aside.
– 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar, or substitute good-quality balsamic vinegar
– 1 teaspoon soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 1 teaspoon cornstarch
– 1/2 teaspoon ground Sichuan pepper
- Heat oil in wok. Add the chilies and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Add seitan and stir for 2-3 minutes. Then add scallions, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds.
– 1 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
– 8 to 10 dried red chilies (or per taste)
– 5 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1.5 teaspoon minced or grated fresh ginger
– Sesame seeds
- Take off heat. Add salted peanuts. Serve. Add extra scallions as a garnish