La Healthy Mexicana Fernanda Alvarez brings her tasty vegan cooking to #LunchBreakLIVE today! As a healthy cooking and conscious living coach, Fernanda has globally impacted people’s lives from Miami to Mexico City to Los Angeles, for over ten years now. She is also a successful recipe creator for multiple brands.
A bilingual lunch (Spanish & English) with La Healthy Mexicana Fernanda Alvarez, who brings her tasty vegan cooking and Spanish flare to #LunchBreakLIVE today! Join the festivities! As a healthy cooking and conscious living coach, Fernanda has globally impacted people’s lives from Miami, Florida to Mexico City, Mexico to Los Angeles, California for over ten years now. She is also a successful recipe creator for multiple brands. Enjoy learning the in's and out's of working with HIBISCUS flowers, from eating the delicious "meat" in tacos to drinking the refreshing tea. Let's hear just how tasty these are from taste tester extraordinare Kenziah Rubens, social media influencer. Paige Parsons Roache reports for JaneUnChained.com
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Wednesday, February 20, 2019
About the Chef:
Total time: 50 min
Servings: 8 taquitos
- 2 cups hibiscus flower, cooked
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 chipotle chiles
- 1 tsp. celtic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- ½ cup water
- Bring a large pot to boil over high heat. Add hibiscus and cook for 30 minutes, until tender. (THIS I WILL HAVE PRE COOKED)
- Drain and wash under running water until no more red water comes out. Slice thin and reserve.
- In a large saucepan, add coconut oil, garlic, onion and carrots and cook in medium heat for 4 minutes. Add hibiscus flower and chopped chipotles, season with salt, pepper and coconut sugar. Mix and cook for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Serve over corn tortillas and a side of power-full guac!