These ingredients put this breakfast burrito over the top good!
The final burrito is edible vegan art!
These two guys saved the JaneUnchained News Network by providing nonprofit insurance. They also have a multitude of other animal charities as clients. Steven has been vegan for seven years and realized a couple years ago that there weren’t any vegan insurance companies or resources for animal charities in the insurance industry. He decided to start his own to lend his much-needed expertise and resources to animal organizations. Steven’s family has been in the insurance industry for 71 years so he knows his business! Steven explains that he sees the vegan movement growing as more and more vegan businesses open up! Will explains that he is so happy to be able to work with other like-minded people by providing services to companies that share their values
These guys aren’t just amazing burrito makers. They are expert insurance brokers! You are in good vegan hands with these guys!
There are no eggs required to make this delicious vegan breakfast burrito. It has everything you need to make a super delicious breakfast burrito without any animals suffering. Steven and Will start off by frying the sausages and hashbrowns. Then they prep the Follow Your Heart VeganEgg. The guys share their special cooking secret to make the “eggs” cook properly. Steven explains that you have to use ice cold water. You might be wondering how these guys are able to cook this breakfast burrito so skillfully. Steven was actually short order cook in college so that’s how he was able to cook this burrito quickly like a pro! Jane says it’s the best burrito shes ever had! Make your own delicious mean vegan breakfast burrito at home with the recipe below!
Report Edited by Ellen Dent.
Will gets a mouthful of burrito!
This burrito is so good it has Steve’s eyes rolling back!
Mean Breakfast Burritos (makes 4 burritos):
- 8 Tbsp VeganEgg
- 2 Cups very cold water
- 1 package Gardein Breakfast Sausage
- 1 package frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheddar (I recommend Follow Your Heart or So Delicious)
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter (I prefer Miyoko’s)
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- Nutritional Yeast
- Mix veganegg according to package directions (8 Tbsp makes 4 “eggs” with 2 cups VERY COLD water) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 4 TB of oil over medium-high heat and start cooking hashbrowns
- Cook breakfast sausage according to package directions (stove/microwave/oven), crumble or dice, set aside
- When hashbrowns are done (golden brown and crispy) remove from pan onto a plate, set aside
- Heat 2 Tbsp vegan butter in pan, add veganegg. Cook for several minutes until done (they will no longer seep liquid and be fairly firm)
- Season with salt / pepper / nutritional yeast to taste
- Heat tortillas either in a pan/griddle, or wrap in damp paper towel and microwave 45 seconds
- Working quickly, add cheese, egg, sausage, hash browns to tortilla. Optionally add avocado, if you can fit it. Fold in sides then roll to seal, making sure you tuck the filling as you go.
- Optional: grill in a pan or panini press for that extra crunch!