Tastes like chicken – but it’s not. This classic “Chicken” Waldorf Salad gets a plant-based makeover using Soy Curls, which are made with 100 percent whole, non-GMO soybeans.
- 1 c. raw cashews soaked in water overnight and drained
- ½ c. + 2 T. water
- ½ t. salt
- 2 t. apple cider vinegar
- 2 t. KetoseSweet brand liquid sweetener
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 T. chopped fresh tarragon
Mix all ingredients except tarragon into high speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Mix in tarragon by hand.
- 2 c. Butler Foods brand soy curls (soak in water for ten minutes, drain, squeeze out excess moisture, then measure two cups – you will have some left over because the water will cause them to increase in size)
- ¾ c. chopped celery
- 1 medium Granny smith apple, diced small
- ¼ c. chopped walnuts
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- 1 head of frisee (a variation of endive)
- Chop the soy curls into a small dice and heat in non-stick skilled with salt, pepper and garlic powder until they start to brown and are heated throughout. Remove from heat.
- Add soy curls in a mixing bowl with the celery, apple, walnuts and about 1 c. of the mayo. Mix thoroughly. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of frisee. Makes 3-4 servings