Nothing says Super Bowl Sunday like food on a stick! These Thai Tofu Kebabs will deliver a satisfying protein-packed meal for the hungry people on your list and leave one hand free for a beverage or the remote control. They’re officially SuperBowl Approved!
Thai Tofu Kebabs from 40-Year-Old Vegan
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Super Firm High Protein Tofu
- 1 T. Coconut Liquid Aminos
- ½ t. hot pepper sesame oil, preferred brand Eden (optional)
- ½ c. quality peanut butter, smooth
- 3 T. Coconut Liquid Aminos
- 2 T. seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 T. KetoseSweet Brand liquid Sweetener
- ½ t. freshly grated ginger
- ½ T. hot pepper sesame oil
- 5 T. fresh lime juice
- ¼ c. warm water (only add if needed for consistency)
- 4 wooden skewers
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into one-inch squares
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 T. chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 4 green onions, sliced thin, diagonally
- 2 T. black sesame seeds
- 1 lime cut in quarters
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut tofu into 24 cubes. Marinate in coconut aminos and sesame oil for five minutes.
- Place tofu on baking sheet with parchment paper. Place in oven for 15 minutes. Then turn tofu cubes upside down and cook an additional five minutes. Continue with an additional five minutes on each side until all sides are brown.
- Mix all sauce ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth. Add as much water as needed to make the sauce a “drizzle” consistency.
- Remove tofu from oven and place six cubes on each skewer, separating each piece of tofu with a red pepper square. At the end of each skewer, put a lime quarter
- Drizzle the sauce over each skewer, than top with chopped cilantro, green onions, sesame seeds and peanuts.