Don’t forget to type in the discount code “JANE” at the check out!
Vegan “Meatball” Spaghetti
2 slices Gluten-Freeor regular bread
1/2 cup of can black lentils, rinsed
1 cup water from shiitake mushroom reserve
1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained
5 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
1/2 cup unsalted walnuts
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoon grated vegan parmesan cheese
1/2 cups chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
egg replacer to 1 egg (I used ener-g food egg replacer)
1/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour or regular flour (I used Bob Red Mill)
16 ounce gluten-free spaghetti noodles (I used Tinkyada and prepared it the “energy efficient” way to give you the Al Dente style)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Toast bread. Once toasted, place in food processor and set aside.
3. In a heat resistant bowl, add dried shiitake mushrooms in it. Pour some filtered boiling water over the mushrooms. Add enough water to fully soak the mushrooms. Leave until soft. Reserve 1 cup of water and set aside. Drain shiitake mushrooms and set aside.
4. Combine the lentils, navy beans, mushrooms, walnuts, garlic, salt, onion powder, parmesan, basil and parsley in a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped.
5. Add bean mixture into a big mixing bowl. Stir in the bread crumbs into the bean mixture. Add the egg replacer and sparkle the gluten-free flour. Using your hands, make sure that all ingredients are combined.
6. Scoop 2 Tablespoon of bean mixture and form a ball shape. Place on a parchment paper.
7. Coat “meatballs” with olive oil.
8. Bake for 40 min, until set and golden.
Easy Everyday Marinara Sauce
What you will need:
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup chopped red onions
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I use Himalayan salt)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic till fragrant. Add the onions and salt. Stir for a few minutes until onions are translucent.
2. Add canned tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and basil.
3. Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid, reduce heat to low. Let summer for about 20-30 minutes.
Cook pasta accordingly to package instructions. Combine the pasta with sauce and top off with a few “meatballs” on top. Garnish with vegan parmesan cheese.