Make this Thanksgiving dish in minutes – by shredding the sprouts, you significantly cut down on cooking time.
Sandra Sellani is the co-author of the award-winning 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook (bit.ly/2JVMLBL) making Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Hazelnuts on #LunchBreakLIVE! Watch & learn!
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, November 11, 2018
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Hazelnuts
- 5 pounds Brussels Sprouts, cut into shreds and rinsed thoroughly through Salad Spinner
- 1 T. Lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ c. white wine
- 2 T. vegan butter
- ¼ c. toasted chopped hazelnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. Pomegranate Arils for garnish
- Mix sprouts in lemon juice and set aside.
- Heat vegan butter in non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the sprouts and cook for 3 minutes until they start to soften. Add garlic and wine. Cook another 1 – 2 minutes until sprouts are tender but not overcooked.
- Remove from heat. Add chopped nuts and arils for garnish.
Serves 6 – 8.