Report Edited by Ellen Dent.
Restorative Smoothie Facial Recipe:
Ingredients (use all organic):
1 cup of Acai berries
2 cup of strawberries
1/2 cup of ground steel cut oats (preferable use GF)
11/2 cups of pitted dates
1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
1/2 cup of chia seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup of coconut cream
1 TB of cinnamon
1 tsp of turmeric
Water to liquify
Combine all ingredients in the blender and puree until well mixed. Drink some and apply some to the face as a mask. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes, then rinse off and enjoy your glowing complexion.
Benefits for the skin:
1. Acai Berries: antioxidants, amino acids, and essential fatty acids. Anti-aging, encourage greater blood flow.
2. Strawberries: antioxidants, salicylic acid and alpha hydroxy acid, which exfoliate dry, dead skin, and brighten the complexion.
3. Oats: flavonoids, phenols, a type of polyphenols called avenanthramides, act as natural anti-inflammatories. Best used in masks when ground.
4. Dates: B & C Vitamins, anti-aging, cleanse pores, fight acne, moisturize
5. Cacao: antioxidants protect your skin against free radical damage, caffeine firms the skin.
6. Chia seeds: high calcium, antioxidant, protein, and healthy fat. They deeply moisturize and calm any irritations.
7. Lemons: high levels of vitamin C, which supports the production of collagen and boosts skin elasticity when applied topically. The alpha-hydroxy acids even out skin tone.
8. Coconut cream: promotes hydration. The selenium fights premature aging.
9. Cinnamon: rich in antioxidants, improves the natural production of collagen in skin cells, brings oxygen and blood to the surface, unclogs and opens pores by removing excess oils, fights acne by drying out the affected area when applied topically.
10. Turmeric: anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antioxidant and astringent properties; when applied topically, it helps smooth out the skin and fights wrinkles. It may help fade acne scars. (And it whitens teeth if you brush with it.)