Boost your antioxidants with this tasty burger topped with fresh cucumber relish.
Sandra Sellani from The 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook (bit.ly/40YOV) makes antioxidant burgers loaded with spices and topped with a Sweet Cucumber Relish.
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, October 7, 2018
Antioxidant Burger with Sweet Cucumber Relish
Sweet Cucumber Relish ingredients
- 1 c. English cumber diced small (about 1/8 inch cubes)
- ¼ c. red onion diced small
- ¼. c. fresh mint leaves cut into strips
- ¼. c. red bell pepper, diced small
- ¼ c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 c. maple syrup
- Pinch salt
Mix all ingredients and let sit while preparing burgers. When burgers are ready to serve, top with relish, black sesame seeds and fresh mint leaves
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 t. shredded fresh mint leaves
- ½ c. oat flour (put rolled oats in a blender until they become powdery and measure ½ cup)
- 1 flax egg (1 T. flax meal plus 3 T water)
- ½ T. cumin
- 1 t. coriander
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. ground clovers
- ¾ t. nutmeg
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ t. salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Black sesame seed
- Fresh mint leaves
- Mix all ingredients in food processor until combined. Taste and add additional salt or pepper if needed.
- Form into four burger patties – if mixture is too dry, wet hands.
- Fry in dry non-stick pan on medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until burger is heated through.
- To make a crispier burger put under the broiler approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top with Sweet Cucumber Relish.