A perfect dish for fall, this gluten-free comfort food meal will fill you up without weighing you down.
Learn how to make sensational Cauliflower Gnocchi with Lentil Ragout! Sandra Sellani – co-author of the award-winning 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook (bit.ly/2JVMLBL) – shows you how on #LunchBreakLIVE!#vegan #40YOV #40yearoldvegan Trader Joe's-Costa Mesa,CA, Melissa's Produce
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, September 23, 2018
Trader Joe’s® Cauliflower Gnocchi with Lentil Ragout
- 2 bags Trader Joe’s gluten-free cauliflower gnocchi
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 c. onion, diced
- 9 oz. cooked lentils, preferred brand Melissa’s
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 28 oz. canned tomato sauce, preferred brand Cadia
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. cashew cream (make by adding ¼ cup cashews soaked overnight and rinsed with ¼ cup water. Blend in blender until creamy and strain to remove any pieces of nuts that remain).
- 1 T. dried basil
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t. salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh basil garnish
- Sauté celery, onion and carrot in saucepan on medium heat, in a small amount of water or vegetable broth. Continue to stir until veggies are tender, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add lentils, tomato paste, tomato sauce, garlic, cashew cream, basil, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes on low heat. Discard thyme and bay leaf.
- While sauce is simmering for 15 minutes, boil gnocchi according to package directions.
- When gnocchi has finished boiling (5-6 minutes), drain and add to sauce. Taste before serving and add additional salt or pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately with fresh basil.