Pizza just got personal – and guilt free. Sandra Sellani, author of The 40-Year-Old Vegan, makes it low-cal with a cauliflower crust and loads of plant-based toppings.
Sandra Sellani co-author of the award-winning 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook (bit.ly/2JVMLBL) makes Personal Plant-based Pizza with Cauliflower Crust today on #LunchBreakLIVE! #vegan #pizza Featured: Green Giant cauliflower rice, Daiya Foods vegan cheese shreds.
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, August 26, 2018
Personal Pizza with Cauliflower Crust from 40-Year-Old Vegan
Yields: One 9-inch pizza
- 1-12 oz. bag Green Giant brand Cauliflower Rice
- 5 T. nutritional yeast
- 1 flax egg (1 T. flax meal + 3 T. water; mix and let sit for 20 minutes)
- ½ T. cornstarch
- 3 T. oat flour
- 1 T. dried basil
- ½ t. fresh rosemary, chopped (or ¼ t. dried)
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- ¼ t. salt
- Several grinds of fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. marinara sauce
- 1/3 c. shredded vegan cheese, preferred brand @Daiya
- Fresh veggies of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook cauliflower according to package directions. Let cool – place in dishcloth and squeeze out all water.
- Mix the cauliflower and remaining ingredients with a fork. Continue to mix into a sticky ball of dough.
- Place the ball of dough onto a parchment paper and press down until you have approximately a 1-inch circle.
- Place another sheet of parchment on top and use a rolling pin to roll into a circle that is roughly 5 – 9 inches in diameter.
- Heat on center rack in oven for 20-25 minutes until edges become lightly browned.
- Gently peel the pizza from the parchment and flip over. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until opposite site has cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Add sauce, cheese and veggies of choice. Place back in oven just until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes
- Serve immediately.