The heat is on – but don’t reach for an ice-cream reach for a “NICE” cream created by Sandra Sellani from the 40-Year-Old Vegan cookbook. It’s cholesterol-free and cruelty-free. #DairyIsScary.
Double Berry Nice Cream from 40-Year-Old Vegan
- 1 banana, sliced
- 6 oz. fresh blackberries
- 1 can (13.66 oz) Thai Kitchen brand Organic Coconut Cream
- ½ c. agave nectar or maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- Slivered almonds for garnish
- Unsweetened coconut shreds for garnish
- 3 oz. blackberries & raspberries for garnish
- Equipment needed: Blender & Ice Cream Maker – Keep Ice Cream Maker “bowl” in freezer overnight or according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Optional: 1 – 3 T. of vodka
- Lightly toast the almonds in a dry pan until they become toasted and brown. Do the same thing with the coconut shreds. Set aside.
- Add banana, blackberries, coconut cream, agave and salt to blender. Mix until fully blended.
- Add mixture to ice cream maker bowl and prepare according to manufacturer’s instructions. This usually includes adding a mixer to the bowl and turning the machine on. On average it will take 20-30 minutes to freeze, varying by your brand of ice cream maker. Hint: You can add 1-3 T. of vodka to make the ice cream creamier and easier to scoop.
- When product is done, you can serve directly from the ice cream maker (it might be more of a soft-serve consistency or put in the freezer for a harder consistency.
- Top with garnishes and serve immediately.
Yields: 1 quart of nice cream