Where salad meets pizza. The Garden Party Pizza adds fresh greens to a zesty pizza on a thin crust made of oats. Party on…
Garden Party Pizza from 40-Year-Old Vegan
- 1.5 c. water
- .5 cups rolled oats
- ¼ c. tahini
- 1 T. nutritional yeast
- ½ t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- ½ c. marinara sauce
- ¼ c. shredded vegan cheese, preferred brand Daiya
- 2 c. Upland Cress loosely packed, preferred brand Pete’s Living Greens Upland Cress
- 1/2 c. fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts (place raw pine nuts in a non-stick pan on low to medium heat until toasted, about 3- 5 mintues)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat oats and water on high heat until you reach a rapid boil. Stir and reduce heat. Simmer 3-5 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add tahini, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and spread into a roughly 7 x 11-inch crust using an offset spatula to distribute evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges start to get crispy.
- Remove from sheet and parchment and bake an additional five minutes on a cooling rack or directly on the oven rack to ensure center is fully cooked.
- Add sauce and cheese. Return to oven until cheese begins to melt about five minutes.
- Top with basil and cress, preferred brand, Pete’s Living Greens Cress. Garnish with toasted pine nuts.
- Cut and serve immediately.
Makes 4 slices of pizza.