This watermelon & heirloom tomato salad is a mouthful of summer! So easy to make and yet it tastes like a five-star dish.
Sandra Sellani co-author of the award-winning 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook (bit.ly/2JVMLBL) makes Watermelon and Heirloom Tomato Salad today on LunchBreakLIVE at 1230 PT/330 ET. Featuring Violife vegan feta!www.facebook.com/JaneVelezMitchell/#vegan
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, July 15, 2018
Watermelon & Heirloom Tomato Salad with Vegan Feta & Pistachios from 40-Year-Old Vegan
- 2 chunks of seedless watermelon, 2 x 2 x 2
- 4 T. of heirloom tomatoes, diced small
- 1 T. vegan feta, diced small or crumbled (recommended brand Violife)
- 1 T. red onion, diced small
- 2 T. fresh small basil leaves
- 2 T. Balsamic reduction
- 2 T. pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toast pistachios is small non-stick pan until they begin to get brown and toasted. Set aside.
- Mix tomatoes, feta and red onions in a bowl – sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper – set aside.
- Place watermelon cube on a serving plate.
- Top watermelon with half of the tomato/feta mixture.
- Drizzle half of the balsamic reduction on bottom of plate.
- Sprinkle with toasted pistachios and basil leaves.
- Repeat with remaining piece of watermelon.