This salad is known as “Sunshine in a Bowl” because of it’s vibrant, colors and flavors. Make your own sunshine today!
Jicama, Pear and Avo Salad (Sunshine in a Bowl) from The 40-Year-Old Vegan™
- 1 c. jicama (peeled and cubed)
- 2 pears, cubed
- ¼. c. fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ c. chopped bell pepper (red, yellow, orange or a combination
- ¼ c. finely chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 package of butter lettuce, preferred brand Pete’s Living Greens
- ¼ c. chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 large pinches of red pepper flakes
- 6 blue corn tortilla chips, preferred brand Cabo Chips
- Combine jicama, pears, cilantro, bell pepper, and avocado in a bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over the salad and mix gently, being careful not to mash the avocado. Set aside.
- Arrange the butter lettuce leaves around the perimeters of two dinner plats to form a “bowl”
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the lettuce bowls.
- Top each bowl with chopped peanuts and a large pinch of red pepper flakes
- Garnish each salad with 3 blue corn tortilla chips
- Serve immediately and enjoy!