On today’s #SaturdaySnackdown, Erin Riley-Carrasco, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)’s Sexiest Vegan Over 50 & Rebekah Michelle of SNAP – Spay Neuter Action Project, share 3 “Vegan On A Budget” meals that are healthy, tasty and cost effective! #janeunchained.com
1. “Good table: freezer to plate, Teriyaki rice with carrots and peas” for $1 (ingredients : teriyaki sauce, rice, corn peas). Plus $1 frozen veggies (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) plus Mandarin orange crispy chicken (from Gardein), usually for sale for $2.99-$4.99 depending where you shop.
2. Jambalaya mix (Rice, salt, paprika, green peppers) for $1 plus $1 soyrizo (meatless soy chorizo) plus a $1 package of frozen veggies.
3. “Betty Crocker Suddenly Grain Salad” (Brown rice, almonds, whole-grain quinoa, sugar, wild rice, red rice) for $1 plus $1 frozen green beans.
4. “Golden Krust Jamaican style vegetable patty” (empanada) $1
5. “Jennifers garden traditional vegetable spring rolls” (cabbage carrots mushrooms green beans salt spice, crust) $1