And, check out #LunchBreakLIVE with this passionate environmentalist and health expert. Sophie Uliano is a The New York Times‘ best-selling author of multiple books, including Gorgeously Green which was featured on Oprah Winfrey with Julia Roberts ღ. Sophie whips up a spectacular smoothie. It’s the healthiest lunch in history! Special organic mix-ins include: shelled hemp seeds from Whole Foods Market, Navitas Organics‘ pomegranate powder, flaxseed meal from Trader Joe’s, Frontier Co-op‘s tumeric, Terrasoul Superfoods‘ AMLA, superfoods by MRM moringa powder and Better Life Organics‘ dates. Sophie also shows us a specialty nut cheese loaf made by Yvonne’s Kitchen Yvonne’s Vegan Kitchen. She shares her love of motherhood and animals, as well as her special visit to Farm Sanctuary’s Animal Acres‘ Mother’s Day Brunch.
- 4-6 cups of greens (kale, spinach, swiss chard, romaine, collards etc.)
- Approx. 6 – cups filtered water
- Handful raw almonds (about 8-10)
- 1 cup frozen chopped pineapple
- 2 lemons, peeled & quartered
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp. ginger, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 4 dates or 1 dropper of liquid stevia
- Crushed ice
- 2 tbsp Hemp powder – This will give your smoothie an extra protein boost up making it chalky in the way that protein powders do.
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon – I love the taste of cinnamon in a smoothie and it masks the green taste for sure. It can also help lower blood sugar.
- 1/2 Avocado – This will add protein, fats, and give your smoothie a creamy consistency.
- 1/2 frozen banana – This will add potassium, magnesium, and make your smoothie extra creamy.
- 1/2 cup organic silken tofu – This will add a mega protein boost and make your smoothie silky/creamy.
- 1 tbsp Amla powder (mega Vitamin C boost)
- 1 handful of walnuts (protective against breast cancer)
- 4 Brazil nuts (great for thyroid and high cholesterol)