Learn how to make vegan football food…. all plant-based, brought to you by the 40 Year Old Vegan!Products featured include:@earthbalancenatural, gardein beefless tips, Daiya Foods, Bragg Live Food Products, Follow Your Heart, SunSpire chocolate chips.Mentioned in today's show Allora Wellness
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, January 28, 2018
Vegan Phili Cheesesteak Hoagies (Eagles Fans)
Makes 2-3 Servings
- 1 bag Gardein brand beefless tips, let sit at thaw on the counter for an hour, then slice in shreds
- 1 cup diced onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 T. Earth Balance
- 2-3 vegan hoagie rolls
- Heat Earth Balance in a pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and beefless tips. Heat until beefless tips are heated through and onions are soft and sweet about 5 – 7 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill vegan rolls with mixture. Add Vegan Cheese Whiz Sauce (recipe below)
Vegan Cheese Whiz Sauce
- 1.5 T. Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1.5 T. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2. T. nutritional yeast
- ½ c. cashew milk or other nut milk
- 1/8 t. onion salt
- 1/8 t. garlic salt
- ½ t. sweet paprika
- 1 t. agave nectar
- ¾ t. salt
- 3 T. lemon juice
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ c. Daiya brand Cheddar Style Shreds (cheddar flavor)
- 2 T. Go Veggie! Parmesan-style cheese
- Mix flour and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly combined and creamy.
- All remaining ingredients and stir until cheese are melted and fully incorporated. It should be a creamy cheese sauce consistency – if too dry, add a little more milk.
- After placing cheesesteak ingredients in a roll, top with cheese whiz sauce.
“Deflategate” Dates (Patriot Fans)
Makes 12 Dates
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- 12 almonds or pecans
- ½ c. vegan chocolate chips preferred brand Chocolate Dream by Sunspire
- Vegan frosting – store bought or make your own by mixing vegan butter and powdered sugar until thick and cream -add more sugar if needed
- – 1 T. vegan butter
- – 2 T. powdered organic sugar
- Heat chocolate chips in a double boiler until melted and creamy.
- Insert almond or pecan into each date.
- Dip dates into melted chocolate with tongs or tweezers. Shake off extra chocolate and place on pan with parchment paper. Put in fridge to cool for 20 minutes.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar together with a whisk until a thick frosting forms. If too thick, add a few drops of water; if not thick enough, add more sugar. Place in a ziplock back and cut off the tip of the bag. Squeeze the frosting out of the bag onto the date to make football “laces”.
- Serve and enjoy!