Cranberry (Christmas) Muesli and Apricot Pecan Granola (Oil-free) from The 40-Year-Old Vegan
- 1 c. rolled oats, uncooked
- ¼ c. hazelnuts, lightly toasted or raw, chopped
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- ¼ c. dried, unsweetened coconut flakes (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 T. pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted or raw
- 4 T. agave nectar or maple syrup
- Pecan halves for garnish
- Nut milk of your choice
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour into bowls. Top with maple syrup or agave, pecan halves and coconut. Add plant-based milk and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings.
Apricot Pecan Granola (Oil-Free*)
- 1 c. oats
- 1/3 c. pure maple syrup preferred brand Cadia
- ¼ t. salt
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. unsweetened coconut flakes (plus extra for garnish)
- ¼ c. chopped pecans (plus pecan halves for garnish)
- ¼ c. apricots, cut into small pieces (I use kitchen scissors instead of a knife for easier cutting)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, maple syrup, salt, vanilla extract, coconut, and pecans. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are combined and coated with the maple syrup.
- Spread mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet into one solid piece about ¼ inch thick. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cook for 30 minutes. Do not stir.
- When the mixture has cooled, break it up into clusters in a mixing bowl and add apricots. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Serve in bowls with added coconut and pecans for garnish. Add your favorite plant-based milk and enjoy.
Makes 3 servings
*Oil-free technique from https://www.feastingonfruit.com/