From The 40-Year-Old Vegan
Makes 4 servings
- 1.5 c. cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 -16 oz. jar roasted red peppers packed in water (preferred brand Mezzetta)
- 1 c. onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 c. veggie stock, preferred brand, Pacific Foods
- ¾ c. orange juice
- 1/8 t. cinnamon
- 1/16 t. (pinch) freshly grated nutmeg
- 1.5 t. salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Toasted chopped pecans
- Pomegranate arils, fresh or Juicy Gems brand
- Freshly chopped cilantro (or flat leaf Italian parsley)
- Fresh edible flower petals, preferred brand Sprouts (in the produce section)
- Heat a few tablespoons of the veggie broth over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute until the veggies are soft, 3- 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves and add the soup mixture to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Serve with garnishes.