The Invisible Vegan, Jasmine C. Leyva, is an amazing actress and filmmaker whose film, The Invisible Vegan, is changing lives!
Watch her make Magical Miso Soup and learn the secret!
Join the #LunchBreakLIVE party!
1 small onion
2cm fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 small cauliflower, divided into florets
2 pints of water
1 large tsp of arame (Japanese seaweed)
1oz peas (frozen)
2 tbsps shoyu (Japanese soy sauce)
1 tbsp miso (soya bean paste)
Black pepper to taste
2 spring onions
1. Sauté the onion, ginger and garlic in the sesame oil for a few minutes
2. Add the cauliflower and gently sweat the vegetables for 5 minutes
3. Add the water, arame, peas and shoyu. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft
4. Blend the miso to a paste with a little of the soup liquid and add to the soup, but do not allow to boil.
5. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
6. Serve garnished with chopped spring onions.